News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Recently acquired property on New York Ave

Started by pcskies, July 15, 2006, 09:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcskies

Thanks Shar

Maybe I'll see you around the neighborhood!

Bruce

AllanY2525

Bruce,

I have my own crew and we are doing about 80-85% of the renovation work
ourselves.  I had to bring in contractors to do the steel girder beams
and foundation footings - state law and such, etc...

We are installing all new plumbing, H.V.A.C. and wiring in the house,
as well as a LOT of sheetrock work, new kitchen, new bathrooms, etc.
I will keep everyone posted on our progress via the photo gallery on
my web site.

My general contractor is a little pricey, but he does decent work.
If you want a referral, send me a private email with your contact
info and I'll tell him that you're looking for someone to do some
work on your house. 

My email address is: allany2525@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Allan

Shar

Bruce,

Welcome to the North Side!!  My husband and I are north siders and also share you positive feelings about the future of the area.  We have lived on the North Side of Youngstown for 5 years and have seen many positive changes.

Shar

pcskies

Thanks for the information ForumManager. I appreciate it greatly.

--

Allan

Your Woodbine property is a nice looking structure. Can I ask if yoy are rehabbing yourself or using contractors? I'm in the market so if you know of any reputable contractors feel free to pass them my way. My house needs drywall, interior paint and plumbing. My wife and I are very happy to be apart of reviving the area.

Bruce

AllanY2525

Hi Bruce,

I bought an abandoned 3 story apartment building at the corner of Bryson and Woodbine streets
last summer and it is now a "work in progress".  In addition, I just bought a house right across
the street from the apartment building a month ago, which is already under renovation as well.

I have a website dedicated to historic homes and buildings in Youngstown, under the
following path:  www.youngstownphotos.orgfree.com.  Check out the Historic Homes
link and click on the link for No. 114 Woodbine Street to see photos of the house being
worked on.

Thank you for buying a North Side home and good luck with your renovations!

Best regards,

Allan
:)

ForumManager

Welcome to Youngstown!
Here is a link at Youngstown 2010 with  northside neighborhood groups listed.   
http://www.youngstown2010.com/cdc_watch_list/north/north.asp
Your street is highlighted on the "know your neighbor" link.

pcskies

Hi all. I've recently acquired a home at 25 New York Ave and wanted to drop in and introduce myself to the community. I've read about rehabilitations in the area and have a positive feeling about the future of Youngstown. Is anyone aware of a neighborhood watch program that would cover this neighborhood? I sincerely appreciate any input. Thanks

Bruce