News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The GE Building

Started by jay, July 02, 2006, 01:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the GE Building an eyesore?

Yes, demolish it
1 (16.7%)
Yes, but redevelop it
2 (33.3%)
No, It's OK as is
1 (16.7%)
No, but it needs to be landscaped
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 09, 2006, 01:14:46 PM

AllanY2525

Gee,

Maybe someone in Mayor Williams administration could ask General Electric if they could move one of their
plants back to Youngstown and re-open the building(?)  Maybe bring a few hundred jobs this way in the
process(?)

Guess I was just daydreaming there for a minute....naw, go ahead and demolish a building that is
(to some extent) still in use by the company that owns it........

:)

jay

This is a recent photo of the GE Building.

Towntalk

According to the article GE is using the building, so how could the city demolish it?

If it was spruced up, such as the parking lot, it would look better.

As I read the article on line, I did notice that the reporter needs a geography lesson. He said that a North Side street was one of the streets that the building was on. The last time I looked Illinois Avenue was on the North Side.

That building has to be one of the longest buildings in the city if it extends from Woodland, across the river, through the downtown, and all the way up to Illinois.

jay

Officials in the Williams' administration claim the GE building located along lower Market Street is an eyesore and should be demolished.   What is your opinion?