News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WRTA Board Meeting - Thursday, May 24

Started by jay, May 23, 2012, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

in the past only when ind(s) report problems to the wrta board then they take action to fix the problem.

jay

I stopped at the counter inside the Federal Station today.  Even the machine behind the window was not working properly.  It would not print a 31-Day Pass.

northside lurker

It was the new director of maintenance I talked to.  He wasn't officially in the position, yet; the previous director was retiring in a few days.  So, maybe this issue got overlooked and forgotten during his initiation into the job?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

As of about three months ago, the WRTA has a new maintenance director.  The new maintenance director was at the board meeting and now knows about your problem.

iwasthere

maybe the new director of wrta will put fire under the heads of the depts to be more efficient in their jobs.

northside lurker

I know the director of maintenance was aware of the problem, because I talked with him about it--in person--around Christmas.

Perhaps its repair wasn't considered a high priority by some, and it was felt the board didn't need to know about it? :shrug:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I've always purchased my bus pass at the ticket window.  I never noticed that the machine was out of service.  The machine is on the other side of the lobby.

kenneyjoe330

Who is the "person" responsible for the machine ?   They should be given a talking to if it was over a month.  Are you telling me that the person responsible who checks the machine 'every so often' or to collect the MONEY never noticed the machine was broken or that there was 'NO MONEY COMING IN' from that machine ?   Sounds like they not only have trouble with the machine but may also have some trouble with an employee who does not have the best interest of WRTA in mind when doing their JOB.

jay

The administration said they were unaware of the ploblem.   ???

They know about it now.

northside lurker

--Thomas Edison

jay

How long has that machine been broken?

northside lurker

If anyone is able to go, could you ask about the broken machine that sells passes?  I have to rely on friends to buy me a bus pass every month, since the machine is broken, and the hours when a real person is available are limited.
--Thomas Edison

jay

WRTA Board Meeting

Thursday, May 24, 3:00 p.m.

- Location -
Board Room
WRTA Administrative Offices
604 Mahoning Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio