News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lemon Grove Busted By Cops

Started by Towntalk, December 11, 2011, 01:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The Lemon Grove hosts events for many charitable causes. 

Example
This afternoon from 5-7 a fundraiser is taking place for a Youngstown crime victim.

Towntalk

Owning a restaurant is not a 9 to 5 job. It must have an owner there at all times, or at least a management level person who oversees the total operation. The bartender needs to tend the bar and nothing else. That in itself is a full time job. The cook or Executive Chef has his or her hands full in the kitchen period and can't be running other operations and do their job properly.

All you have to do is watch the Food Network program Restaurant: Impossible where chef Robert Irvine is called in to do makeovers for failing restaurants to see just what is involved.

irishbobcat

I wonder if Shrimp and his buddies at the fracking parties at V2 are also drinking the
toxic chemical liquids that the fracking companies pour down the well holes.....

one can only hope they are......

northside lurker

You're right that the owners are ultimately responsible, but I don't think they can be there all the time.  According to their website, they are open from 11-2 on Saturdays.  Perhaps the owners were there earlier in the day--15 hours is a long time.  Maybe they will spend more late nights there until this is straightened out?

I have no opinion on alcohol. (as I've said before, I'm just a step or two away from being a teetotaler)  But, it's just part of reality today that most restaurants/entertainment venues need alcohol sales to stay successfully in business.  Although, of the "bars" downtown, I think the Lemon Grove would be most likely to stay in business without a liquor permit.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Where were the owners? The State Liquor Control Board will hold them rsponsable for the actions of their employee. Will they lose their liquor license? I doubt it, but still it shows gross mismanagement on the part of the owners.

Granted, underage folks can and do get their hands on fake ID's, in order to purchase liquor, but in the eyes of the SLCB that is no excuse.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on December 11, 2011, 01:16:35 AM
A GREAT JOINT THIS LEMON GROVE.

It certainly is, despite this unfortunate (and isolated, I would hope) incident.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

There's one bad apple at the Lemon Grove.

Youngstownshrimp

The entitled are selfdestructing, no need to debate or convert them, leave them be and watch them combust.  Meanwhile, we are having great frack parties at V2.

Towntalk

Downtown bartender arrested in cop assault

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/dec/11/downtown-bartender-arrested-in-cop-assau/

SERVING BOOZE TO MINORS AND ATTACKING A POLICE OFFICER. A GREAT JOINT THIS LEMON GROVE.