News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Warren Express bus spotted without inside lights on.

Started by mrniles266, November 28, 2011, 09:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

My goodness, I have to agree with Rick, this is a lot of nothing. So the bus wasn't ablaze with light. When you're in your car at night do you have all the interior lights on? I rarely see the bus on my route ablaze with light at night and it goes right by my house. No big deal. Is there some quaint law that says that buses must be brightly lit after dark? I seriously doubt it. As long as it's route sigh is on that should be sufficient. Lights do go on when passangers are boarding the bus or leaving it. and passangers have no business roaming around the bus in motion anyway.

northside lurker

I think the driver is OK with some of the lights on, because only lights directly behind the driver stay on when the bus is in motion.  But I find it more difficult to see out of the windows when the lights are on.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

mrniles266

???
I have seen some night videos, for example, Vancouver, BC. Trolleybuses. There is a small amount of light. When they stop to pick up or let off passengers, the front door lights come on.

Rick Rowlands

This is what we talk about on this forum?  My god!

jay

When the lights are left on inside the bus, the front window reflection could be a visibility hazard for the driver.  The driver does turn the interior lights back on when a passenger requests a stop.

Try this experiment
Turn your room lights on during the late evening and then try to look through your window at something outside.

mrniles266

???
I saw the Warren Express heading to Warren around 5:12PM this afternoon. Driver had no lights on inside the bus. I see WRTA do this a lot when no one is on the bus. I do think the bus is a moving ad and the lights should be on to invite riders to get on the bus. Also, a safety factor for those inside. What are your thoughts on leaving the lights on?