News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Arson fires on the North Side - AGAIN

Started by AllanY2525, February 08, 2006, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharonite

This is definitely a shame, an unfortunate consequence of Youngstown having 3,000 housing units too many to support its current population.  Luckily, the North Side is slowly starting to come back to life, and I have a feeling that many vacant properties are going to be reclaimed in the near future.

AllanY2525

There were three more fires  on the North Side on Sunday night going into Monday
morning.  The Youngstown Vindicator listed the addresses as:

No. 42 Indiana
No. 44 Illinois
No. 19 Tacoma

It's a shame to see the grand old mansion houses being burned down on the North
Side.   I hope they catch the arsonist that has been setting the fires.  I think someone
is trying to collect some insurance money maybe(?)  As these were all derelict homes.

I have a photo gallery of No. 44 Illinois Avenue (before it was burned) on my

Just click in the "Historic Homes" link on the left side of the main page, then click on
No. 44 Illinois Ave in the Historic Homes main page.  This property was a YSU fraternity
at one point - it would be interesting to dig up some history on the family that originally
built and lived in the house - and it's very sad to see it burned down.

:/