News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Is There A Coin Shortage?

Started by jay, July 02, 2020, 10:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I've also heard that a few stores/businesses are offering a premium for turning in rolled coins.

If you know of a local store/business offering a special premium for rolled coins, post the information here.

jay

From the South Avenue Sparkle Facebook.

QuoteSparkle shoppers:
Due to the national change shortage,
Come in this week and exchange your rolled coins for cash.

Why?Town

There should be a private investigation on this coin shortage to make sure our government didn't create it to have an excuse to eliminate the penny somehow, then the nickle, followed by the rest of them.

I hope everyone else with their money buried in Mason jars in the back yard agrees with me.

Yes it might be quicker and easier to bury a credit card back there  but I'm old school and prefer the exercise I get from bigger holes.

jay

I was in a west side store this afternoon.  An announcement over the store speakers asked customers to try to pay for their merchandise using coins.
The message went on to say there was a coin shortage because of the covid-19 pandemic.