News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side Councilmen Punished By Some Colleagues

Started by jay, February 20, 2014, 08:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

I am definitely in favor of reducing the number of wards and ward council positions,
given the population loss since last re-districting.  Two at-large council persons?  Don't
know if both would be needed.....

Is council president considered a council person at-large, or no?

Towntalk

ARE YOU SERIOUS JAY? THAT WOULD MEAN THAT TARPLEY WOULD GET THE JOB AND THIS CITY WOULD GO STREIGHT TO **** IN A HAND BASKET SO FAST THAT IT WOULDN'T BE FUNNY! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?
GIVE US A BREAK JAY ... SHE'S NOT EVEN ABLE TO HANDLE THE PRESIDENT PRO TEM JOB WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE 7th WARD COUNCILMAN ... BESIDES SHE HAS HER EYES ON HAGEN'S JOB.

Peggy Gurney

McNally is not going to resign. He said so before he was voted in and maintains that stance now that he has, indeed, been indicted.

Redistricting will not create another ward. Ray and Drennen are not against condensing the 7 wards down to 5 with 2 'at-large'  counselpersons, as the YSU maps suggest.   That is what the rest of the council do NOT want to happen.

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

What might happen

Mayor indicted - resigns

President of Council - questionable campaign contributions, poor handling of sexual harassment scandal, wants to spend time with grandchildren, probably won't serve as mayor again

President Pro Tem - might become next mayor

Youngstownshrimp

Jay, you're growing ba#ls!  Good, turn your writing skills to good use for the community.  Push to throw the bums out!

jay

Even more important is voter participation.

In 2011, voters in the ladies' wards only cast 2,434 votes.

Voters in the the men's wards cast 5,795 votes.

jay

The councilwomen causing the problem represent 16,350 residents.

The victim councilmen represent 22,184 residents.

In just this example, redistricting would essentially create a another ward on the west side.  This may be what the ladies are trying to prevent.

Youngstownshrimp

I thought he is very sickly?
That duo has done nothing productive in the City IMHO.

jay

The political writer for the Youngstown newspaper found the answer for this redistricting rift.  The Gillams want their home residence to remain in the 1st ward.  Mr. Gillam is considering running for his former ward council seat once his wife leaves office at the end of 2015.

AllanY2525

If I were either of these councilmen, I would call a press conference and local
radio stations - and out as much dirt on the others as possible.

Did they give their reasons for all of these actions taken against councilman
Drennen and councilman Ray?

The whole thing wreaks of bull sh%t

Towntalk

I'm afraid that the Mayor is going to be in for a rough time with City Council, especially from Gillam and Tarpley.

Youngstownshrimp

Wow!

Lynz and others, this is why I keep crying out, we all need to speak up now and be heard.

Lyndz

this makes my stomach turn... sadly this is how this office is operated.

Towntalk

Where was PRESIDENT OF COUNCIL CHARLES SAMMARONE when this was going down ... as President of Coundil he had the power to stop it and rule it out of order ... he, not Tarpley or Gillam run City Council, even though they think differently.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/feb/20/city-oks-m-in-loans-for-buildings/