News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"County Landbank has gone STUPID!"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, December 03, 2013, 10:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I hope the new leaders we have will address this waste.

AllanY2525

Somehow' that doesn't surprise me, Ron....

:)

Youngstownshrimp

TT,
I do not believe the County Landbank is smart enough to target minerals, so you better not give them any intelligent ideas  :')   The City Landbank who controls approx. 1000 acres and which was to be transfered to the County Landbank is hoarded by the City in what some say is a play by the City to strip mineral rights when the land under state law is the property of the people for development. 
Alan, Indeed we all should see the financial statements of the new County Landbank.  I will say this, the PRIVATE SECTOR without PORK TAXPAYER funding has placed more property back on the TAXPAYER rosters than LIEN FORWARD and now the new Landbank.

AllanY2525

I for one would be interested in seeing a breakdown of how their funding is spent,
and on what.  It would also be interesting to see how many properties they have
actually freed up and transferred to new owners. 

Towntalk

Could it be that they were after the mineral rights so that they could make a killing with the oil companies? I wouldn't trust tem any more than I can throw Mount McKinley.

Oh, and as they say in show biz "break a leg" at your gig my friend.  :)

Youngstownshrimp

Never thought I would see the day , never thought the County Landbank would be backed into a corner and become STUPID.  That's right, the pride of the MVOC and all the community organizers have railroaded the State to give them the power to free the dormant property for redistribution.  Now that they got their wish, they got another thing too.  The sudden increase in value of property that once was basically unwanted.  The Landbank is now obsolete, no longer needed, a waste of TAXPAYER money. 
Today, after paying miniscule taxes on 4 parcels we manage, we turned around and told the prosecutor's office that we would like to give the land excluding the mineral rights to the Landbank for free after they spent thousands of taxpayer money trying to foreclose.  Their answer was that the Landbank doesn't want the lots.  Can anyone educate me here?  Can you believe what world I am living in, Amazing!