News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Frank Bellamy Has His Own Radio Show

Started by jay, January 12, 2012, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Towntalk

Ask me why I'm not surprised. A person with no radio experience can't just walk into a studio and do a talk show unless he shows a great deal of talent as was the case with Morris Ray and George McKelvey.

Again, as I have stated so many times before, this low power station has gone through many format changes over the years yet still is at the bottom in a very competitive industry, and being a daytime only licensed doesn't help any.

Now having Hanni on as a talker will help since he does have experience, but will that help with the ratings? That remains to be seen since the area has gotten beyond its emotional attachment with the Hanni's.

Now if the station were to draw from the Vindicator staff of reporters, they would stand a good chance of boosting their ratings.

jay

The time slot is already switching to a mostly music format.

Towntalk

In the wonderful world of broadcasting, ratings are everything, and a program rises or falls on its position on the ratings scale, for the very simple reason that sponsors will not throw their advertizing dollars on a show that is at the bottom of the ratings scale.

Since drawing in audiences depends on station promotion precious few folks even know that Bellamy has a show. It takes time to build up an audience, but a station will wait just so long. Bills have to be paid and a stations revinue comes from advertizing so they will not hold onto a loser so unless Bellamy can pick up an good listener base, don't look for him to last very long.

jay

Hardly anyone calls his show.  The man holds some strange views about living in Youngstown.

jay

Frank Bellamy has his own radio program on WYCL starting at 3:00 p.m. each weekday.