News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Opening Day At The Rosetta Stone

Started by jay, January 14, 2008, 09:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I went there for lunch yesterday.  Because I have simple tastes, I ordered their steak burger to go.  I thought it was very good.  The cheese (at not additional charge) was real cheddar, and the bun looked like it might have been baked there.

The prices seem fairly comparable with other "high end" dining establishments.  Some categories, like sandwiches, were $7.  Other categories, like soups (?) were $6.  I don't remember, off the top of my head, anything that was more than $7.  Also, I'm not sure if their menu is finalized, yet.  The menu I ordered from was dated January 11, and I believe that it was a lunch menu.

Because I didn't call ahead, I had to wait for awhile for my order, and here's what I noticed while waiting at the bar.  They still need to get familiar with running things.  The menu stand, where a greeter might be, was usually empty.  When people came in, they weren't sure if they would be seated, or if they should choose their own table.  The wait staff also were still learning the ordering system. (computerized)  Because of this, orders were taking awhile to complete.

To sum things up, I'd say the food is probably going to be very good, but the service will be a little "sketchy" until they get into the swing of things.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

How was the opening day at the Rosetta Stone?

Did the food meet your expectations?

How are the prices?

Mayor Jay Williams dined at the restaurant in the afternoon.