News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Decorative Lighting Downtown

Started by jay, September 05, 2007, 09:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I've heard those PSA's too and couldn't figure out what the point was. I agree that simply putting up a few decorative lights won't bring folks downtown. Now bring a great show to the Chevy Center, a great show to Powers, and combine that with a party on the plaza, complete with Hollywood spotlights like they use for premiers of new films and you have a winner.

The one thing that I'd really like to see is for Powers to create a series of film festivals that would run on weekends that they don't have live shows.

Recently I read about a community that started film festivals that evolved into such a big deal that they were able to buy Cinerama equipment and screen - a 100 sq foot screen from an old Cinerama theater in New York that was being torn down.

The trouble is that entertainment downtown is a hit and miss deal where there should be something going on every weekend.

jay

I keep hearing a commercial on WKBN Radio for a light up the downtown campaign.  I just don't know of anyone who would drive to downtown Youngstown to see lights.  Does anyone feel otherwise?