News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

I've had ENOUGH

Started by Jaime Hughes, July 22, 2007, 10:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

If I only had the money. I would make this house into something beautiful. I snuck into the inside...I'm just speechless and what I saw. If I knew the real extent of all the damages then I can further assess the situation. I wish that it isnt such an eyesore...because it has very much potential.

Who would be interested in buying this house? It needs A LOT of TLC... a lot of people arent willing to give that.

Allan, I would love to meet you sometime! You are a very very interesting character.

AllanY2525

Jaime,

You mentioned "Lien Forward" on this property.  Here is some information that might help to\
save this beautiful, historic property.  The current amount of back property taxes owed on it
are as follows:

1)   Annual Tax       $1,568.52
      Taxes Paid     $0.00
      Delinquent Taxes     $1,842.44

CINTA has bought (and possibly re-sold) the back tax lien on this property.  Here
is their contact information:

2)  Mail Information
SOLD TAX LIEN-OPTIMUM/CINTINA/NET
RELATIONS
RELATIONS
YOUNGSTOWN, OH 44503 USA

3) If someone can contact CINTA, they can find out how to buy the tax lien
on this property , and FORECLOSE on it for property taxes.  From what I
have grown to understand, property taxes TRUMP ANY AND ALL OTHER
ENCUMBERANCES, including Bank Loans, etc, etc.  Once the tax foreclosure
is complete, it SHOULD (hopefully) clear the title to this property, so that
someone else can own it FREE AND CLEAR.  You might want to contact the
Mahoning County Sherrif's Department and ask about a "Sheriff's Sale" once
someone has the tax lien for this property - I know for a FACT that a
Sheriff's Sale will absolutley deliver this property free and clear to who
ever buys it for the back taxes owned - IF you can get the property to
go through this process.

In other words, somone could theoretically BUY this house for ONLY the
back taxes, and get rid of the bad loan on the place, for free.

I hope this information helps.

Allan
:)

Jaime Hughes

Just a small update on 259 Park Avenue, Kind of in a pickle with this one.

Someone is for sure living in the house now, someone is also living in the carriage house too. Some of the windows have been busted out, the back door is hanging wide open, and the basement door is hanging wide open. I, am too scared to go in alone and and almost sick to think of what the inside looks like now.

VanSickle, who owns the Illinois Manor and Covington house owns 259 Park. He doesnt care about the house and continues to hang up on me when I ask him about it. I last heard that the group Lien Forward was supposed to take care of the houses financial troubles, and that it was going to go into forclosure.

Only issue is, who will buy this house? Its a beautiful house with some much needed work, its the oldest house in the street and im afraid its going to get torn down. The first pharmacist ever to live in Youngstown lived in that house, a almost 20 room house with 2 dining rooms and a florida room... I have a feeling it will go up for demolition even though it hasnt yet.

northside lurker

Is there any news on this house?  We haven't heard from you in awhile.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Jaime Hughes

Thank you for the numbers, I do appriciate them and yes I am looking for all the help I can get. The issue is, I don't want the house condemned. I want the house secured and somewhat watched until I can play mediator with the owner of the house.

Shar

I was just trying to help you out with some people who might have answers to your questions.  You don't have to call anyone if you don't want too.  I thought you were looking for help?

Jaime Hughes

If i call the code violation number... won't that condemn the house? I'm trying to get it secured, to get the city involved and to get the owner to hand it over to SOMEBODY! Anyone!! I understand it is a code violation, but it's the oldest house on that street...I dont want to see it condemned then tore down..

Shar

Jaime...I received that number from the City of Youngstown. 

Jaime Hughes

Shar,

I did recieve your message thank you. Is Officer Santangelo a friend of yours? When I call I usually tell them where I got the number from. :)

If i call the code violation number... won't that condemn the house? I'm trying to get it secured, to get the city involved and to get the owner to hand it over to SOMEBODY! Anyone!! I understand it is a code violation, but it's the oldest house on that street...I dont want to see it condemned then tore down..

Shar

Jaime...I sent you a PM with some information.  Let me know if you got it.

Jaime Hughes

To the basement door, no there is nothing covering it anymore. Corey and I boarded it up the other day, but it seems someone keeps gettin in the basement.. so no there is no ply wood on the basement door.

But to my knowledge, the house is still secured.

northside lurker

Quote from: Jaime Hughes on July 25, 2007, 02:41:42 PM
We checked the house yesterday...and basement door was ripped off when we reboarded it a few days ago.

So, there's no door or plywood at all, just an opening?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Jaime Hughes

Hey,

No updates yet...we continue and continue to call the Mayor. We checked the house yesterday...and basement door was ripped off when we reboarded it a few days ago. I dont know what else to do.

No meeting tonight..probably next week sometime. Thanks for keeping in touch though!

northside lurker

Jaime,

Are there any updates?

Do you still want to have a small get together in Wick Park this evening? (If so, what time?)
--Thomas Edison

Jaime Hughes

I understand, originally we called only to set up a meeting with VanSickle, then the questions started about why we needed to meet with him and etc etc, I almost want to have a conference call with Vansickles corporation and the Mayor, something, anything!

I think I keep missing your calls ??? try calling again, I promise this time I will pick up, Ive been on and off the phone all day talking to the city and YSU...