News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Boozing It Up Downtown

Started by Towntalk, April 27, 2013, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the ladies of nightly entertaiment and panhandlers did come out to enjoy a evening drk but they waited for you to go back to your hotel rm not to ruin your vacation.

Why?Town

I recently visited The Stockyards in Fort Worth Texas. It was somewhat strange to see probably 35% of the people drinking on the street @ 3pm. The number rose steadily. I'd guess maybe 70% by 7pm when I left. Following that trend it would seem that 120% by midnight should be possible. :D

Anyway, I saw no problems associated with outdoor drinking.

I also didn't see:
1) anyone that didn't know how to pull up their pants
2) any fat gold chains
3) any huge chrome wheels (did see huge tires though)
4) panhandlers
5) prostitutes

Towntalk

Back in the day when I was working downtown, store owners had to come to work early enough to clean the entrances to their stores of all the cheap wine bottles, then bring out strong bleach to scrub because drunks used the entrances to some of the stores as toilets. If people came downtown before 9:30 AM it really stank, especially the East End of Federal Street and sometimes a ten year old outhouse smelled better than some of the doorways. Mark my word, if folks are allowed to roam the streets with open containers, we'll see that happen again.

jay

There's too many beer bottles left outside on the streets and sidewalks of downtown Youngstown right now.  Just imagine what it would be like if hundreds of people roamed the downtown with bottles and drink cups in hand.

I noticed that this liquor law modification would only apply to Ohio cities with a population over 50,000.  In ten years, Youngstown would no longer qualify for this exemption.

iwasthere

tt that is the most ridiculous idea that came out of a politician's mouth. js can call it, "the tim ryan drink and walk law". js must be running of losing the next election. so, he is courting the yg and college drking crowd.

Towntalk

Do we really need certain areas downtown where boozers can slug down cheap wine outside a pub?

http://www.wkbn.com/2013/04/26/ohio-bill-would-put-open-container-areas-in-cities/