News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Fix Up The Downtown!

Started by jay, March 21, 2012, 08:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

good news the city fixed the sidewalk in question by putting a red cone in front of it. good job sasho.

Why?Town

Towntalk,

You are right about the students being able to fix those curbs, as long as they have their union cards. >:(

cts714

From what I understand the City Council CDA Committee meeting at 5:00 on Monday March 26 will include the subject of sidewalks.  I have made a note of these areas and will bring this up for discussion.

Towntalk

OH YES ... AND NO STUPID EXCUSES!  >:(

Towntalk

TO THE MAYOR
HEY BUB
GET THOSE DARN SIDEWALKS FIXED
LIKE NOW!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jay

This sidewalk is at the NW corner of Wick Avenue and West Commerce Street.

Youngstown's New Motto
If it's broken, don't fix it.

stewie

It looks like a truck was up on the sidewalk.  People still think they can just park all over the sidewalks there.

iwasthere

two of the charter changes recommendation is to have all wards start at the dtown financial district and branch out like a pie shape. the other recommendation is to have the dtown have its own representation on council.

Towntalk

OK, out of the generosity of my splendid and magnanimous heart, I'll buy replacing the curb, but again a couple of sophomore students from the vocational school could easily do the job as a school project and it wouldn't cost the city one thin dime. We're not talking about a total rebuild of the entire sidewalk for heavens sake, but the span that 18 bricks, count them, 18 bricks takes up. Between re-leveling the space under the bricks, setting them, and rebuilding the curb, the whole bloody project would take less than a day to complete. It's not rocket science.

Why?Town

Actually that kind of fix would just be a bandage. That curb needs cut out and replaced if it's to last beyond the next freeze thaw cycle.

Towntalk

So how much would it cost to reset the 18 or so bricks and a couple of trows of cement would reconnect the footer. Geese even a sophmore from the vocational school could do the job as a class project.

NOTE: In this case a footer refers to the cement that holds the bricks in place. Slap trows of quick dry cement on either end of the footers and walla, job done.

Rick Rowlands

No money to fix stuff.  Council is too busy giving away the store to V&M.

jay

West Federal Street in front of Turning Technologies