News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Stambaugh Auditorium Steps

Started by jay, May 31, 2018, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Thankfully they aren't at the point of collapsing any time soon. It's better to fix them before that starts happening.

As for any construction debris that's been down there for 92 yrs, how much of a problem has it been? My guess is no where near enough of a problem to do anything but cover it back up with the new steps. And I'm sure it's been much less of a problem over time than stirring it up while removing it would become.

And as long as I'm throwing out some plans, stop using salt to destroy the ice (and steps), hopefully there's something out these days that would be much better.

jay

After 90+ years, the steps outside the front of Stambaugh Auditorium need to be replaced.  The replacement is compounded by the fact that construction debris was buried under the steps when the auditorium was originally built.  That debris is considered hazardous by today's environmental standards.

Watch for a capital campaign to raise funds for this project.