News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Strange sighting

Started by Towntalk, June 25, 2012, 05:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

It was black and had yellow and white stripes across the side. It looked like a pace car for a small speedway. It could very well have been a retired cop car, and if it was, I'm glad to see that the city is thrifty enough to keep the old squad cars and assign them to other departments.

They were indeed on Elm Street, and the thing that amazed me was the fact that the old yellow lines were still in reasonably good shape and the men that laid the fresh lines managed to put the fresh paint right exactly on top of the old lines. Great job guys.

The paint truck was yellow and the two other trucks were white.

northside lurker

Does the city paint new lines every year?  I remember the street painting crew coming down Elm Street last summer.  I saw an ancient truck, (mid 60's) and what looked like a retired police car from the 80's. (a Chevy Caprice)  But, I don't remember unusual coloration on any of the vehicles. (well, the truck was orange, but that's to be expected)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Just a few minutes ago the city came by my home painting double lines on the street and besides the paint truck and a couple of other city trucks was a car that looked more at home at an NASCAR event judging the way it was painted. The driver of this car was putting down the cones. The car did not have the usual city markings on it.