News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shot Spotter

Started by jay, August 24, 2010, 09:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Recently the Lansingville Block watch took a tour of the entire Youngstown Police Station.  It was conducted by Officer Barbra Copeland and she did an excellent job !
Besides all 14 of us in the 'holding jail' the highlight of the tour was the 911 Call Center and the 'Best' of the Call Center was naturally the Shot Scanner.  Something we were told about it is that there are only about 57 of these World Wide with only 12 or so being in the United States.  What we have is really cutting edge technology ! ! !  NOW what we NEED is just plain old JUSTICE .  I think it is like haveing a fantastic new car and your significant other will not let you take it out of the driveway and could car less about it.  We were also very impressed with the licence plate scanners - I am personally flabergasted by these scanners which every police car will have in them.

iwasthere

let me pick out their switch. >:(

Rushblvd

paperwork more paperwork -----then the little varmets will get them a spankin.....

iwasthere

rushgal they will show up a few days later and ask what is the question that was ask of them. what is the lastest on the scumbags from rushcircle?

Rushblvd

I think the question is --- Did the Police show up??

jay

The shot spotter appears to be working well in Youngstown.  I've heard several reports on the scanner of shots being fired and then the exact address being given.

I don't know if anyone has been apprehended as a result of using this new police tool.