News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shootings and Robberies

Started by Towntalk, April 03, 2010, 09:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i was told that the ypd put pressure on the drug dealers to hand over their man concerning the ss murder at st. doms church.  ??? rumuor has it. :o

AllanY2525

Connie,

If you suspect that there is corruption within the Youngstown Police
Department you should probably contact the Chief of Police first, or
perhaps the Mahoning County Sheriff's department.

With the summer task force coming soon, there will be FBI, D.E.A,
and Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents crawling
around the city looking to nail the bad guys - try talking to them.

connie254

The dealers were the ones that we think were paying off the higher ups.

The West side group is still active and those street thugs are just collecting money for the actual dealers. Those are the ones that are paying off the cops. We think they have lots of influence and when the general public report something, they move to another area for a while. Think back a few months ago when a shooting occurred. The "victim" went to the hospital with a story that he was shot on the East side and his driver gave a different report. They both got charged but I forget why, but certainly not related to drugs.
For all we know, the higher-ups may be the drug dealers themselves and are trying to keep their "street employees" safe.

Someone called the police on the street drug seller and she heard the police in the car were told to back off.

These are not rumors or hearsay.
What can we do if the people that are in charge of protecting the public are causing illegal acts to occur? Especially when it's the law enforcement themselves. Who can investigate this?

Why?Town

Can someone that runs a flophouse afford enough to pay off the "higher ups"?

Have the "higher ups" maybe priced themselves too cheap?

My guess is that it's just a matter of doing as little as possible and still collect a paycheck. (read: LAZY)

connie254

I've heard from some people living on the lower West side and witnessed it myself when I lived on the South side-the next door neighbor was using his house as a flophouse. Drugs were rampant. The vice squad said they were watching the house. Well they watched it and did nothing for years. What we observed almost was if the police and task force looked the other way. The person on the West side has called the cops on drug deals in her street. Not on the block, actually in the street. The police either warn them and they scatter before showing up or they get talked to and then scatter. We think the higher up's are on the take to look the other way. The street cops want them off the street and in jail.
The flophouse finally got shut down when the guy continued to live in the house after he stopped paying utilities and they shut everything off. The "friends" called the police about their car being broken into. While the police were there, we made a comment to them that we saw no lights on in the house for days, windows were wide open, and we saw them carrying water into the house, maybe from all of our outside faucets.The zoning dept kicked him out. The "friends" found out and came in the next day and grabbed everything out of the house.
The thing is-if what we think is true and someone is getting paid to look the other way-who do we call? The mayor/chief of police-doubt that help.  Violence will continue to occur because the thugs know they can do what they want. 

AllanY2525

If they find the teenagers that robbed these people, they need to
beat THEM on the head ... and put THEM in a wheelchair.

They are obviously shiftless cowards, that three of them have to
gang up on older, helpless victims.