News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Teen Murdered On The South Side

Started by jay, June 12, 2008, 07:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmo-Ytown

I'm tempted to say the same thing, 15... it's not that bad, but I cannot say it, because fifteen is bad, 10 is bad, 5 is bad, 1 is bad, and if we don't take the attitude that any more than 0 is bad, than we are never going to change things for our city.

God Bless the YPD, remember thank a cop today, and pray for one tonight.

jay

The homicide rate could have easily been a lot higher by now.  Within the last week three people were shot at a home on Inverness.  These shooting victims could have all been homicides.  The driver of the car in the most recent killing is in critical condition.

Listen the the YPD scanner.  There are gun shots at multiple locations every night.  Thank goodness these shooters can't aim better or the homicide rate would be off the board.

ytowner

Quote from: jay on June 14, 2008, 08:08:19 AM
I believe this homicide was the 15th of the year for the city of Youngstown.
Considering the circumstances, it's not too bad. Midway through the year and we are at 15, on pace for 30. And if it were not for that 6 person arson/homicide in the early part of the year, we'd still be in single digits..

jay

I believe this homicide was the 15th of the year for the city of Youngstown.

Elmo-Ytown

jay

A female teen was shot and killed while driving in a car on Delason near Oak Hill last night.  A male passenger was wounded.