News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

YPD Gasoline Use

Started by jay, June 11, 2008, 08:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmo-Ytown

I've never seen a fueling station down there, but there is a lot with a lot of cruisers and other police vehicles in it.

ytowner

Is it Austintown or Youngstown that spends $10,000 a week on fueling the police cars.

Towntalk

I might be wrong, but doesn't the city buy fuel in bulk and have a central location where all the city cars and trucks go to fuel up? If so, where is this place located? It makes sense that with all the cars and trucks the city has, this would be the case. I always thought that this fuel depot was locate beneath the Market Street bridge.

jay

A story was on the TV news today about the city of Niles Police Department asking their officers to try to shut off their cruisers for ten minutes each hour to save fuel.

Question
While listening to the scanner for the Youngstown Police Department, I often hear officers requesting permission to drive to the pumps for fuel.  It appears that there is only one fueling place in the city.  If I'm correct, this practice seems to waste gasoline (and time) as a cruiser travels from one side of the city to another and then back again.
Are YPD police cars fueled at more than one location?