News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Avenue

Started by jay, January 12, 2006, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

FYI
Dine Out Event
Monday, March 20, 6:00 p.m.

Dragon Palace Chinese Restaurant
3501 South Avenue

yfdgricker

Ah, the Tokyo Steak House. Weird hours, awesome food!

AllanY2525

The Road House was formerly a regular "Brown Derby" restaurant.  I worked at the
Brown Derby restaurant for 6 and 1/2 years when I was a young man (until I was
25 years old).

I've dined at the old Brown Derby Road House on both of my last visits to
Youngsotwn.  It was great to see that this restaurant has survived all of
the years since I left Youngstown - and the food is still just as good as ever.

Allan
:)

jay

The Road House Restaurant is located on South Avenue a few blocks north of Indianola Avenue.   The Dragon Palace Chinese Restaurant is located two blocks north of E. Midlothian.   There are numerous drinking establishments that also have dining areas.  Moore's Tavern is actually between 680 and downtown Youngstown.  The Tokyo Steak House is near the 680 ramp.

Nate

I had no idea there were resturants on South Ave. Are you talking past 680, or between 680 and the bridge into Youngstown?

jay

I had a discussion the other day with a south side resident who is also a member of the Seventh Ward Citizens' Coalition.   After talking about the problems affecting the businesses and restaurants on South Avenue,  this idea was proposed.   An attempt should be made to assemble a group of citizens to dine at a South Avenue restaurant in the near future.  The restaurants need our patronage now more than ever.