News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Save-A-Lot Robbed

Started by jay, December 25, 2005, 06:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I hope the Seventh Ward Coalition is addressing this problem too.  Their meetings are usually held on the third Thursday of each month.   If anyone knows the time and location, please post the information to this forum.

MJ

I imagine the business owners just love the crime wave. Personally, I would be camped out at city hall!! In general IMHO I have noticed the SouthSide has indeed become a very dangerous place. So bad in fact, I have second thoughts about conducting any business in those areas and generally don't patronize any either.

Secondly, perhaps more federal and state dollars should be spent on street law enforcement instead of those insidious OVI checkpoints invading your civil rights and worrying about seatbelt violations!!!  Yep I could certainly could be killed by a drunk driver, but my odds of death are better just by driving through the South Side!

jay

The south side crime wave is continuing.  Most recently the Save-A-Lot grocery story at the corner of South Avenue and E. Indianola was robbed by three men as the store was closing for the day.
     A car stolen in a car jacking from the gas station on E. Midlothian at South Avenue has been recovered.  A murdered man was found in the back seat.