News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Angelo's Pizza

Started by jay, March 17, 2009, 01:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john r. swierz

No, its not that the residents don't like pizza!  Pastino's was on South Ave and just got tired of being
    robbed. Jolly Joes closed for a variety of reasons, none that should be discussed here. Point Pizza
    was hanging  on because they were delivering to several business' in Struthers. Crime is a huge
    reason why business' are closing.  I spend a large amount of time trying to get YPD to address the
    problems that we are experiencing in the 7th Ward

PMDragon

There's Wedgewood Pizza on South Ave. and Southgate Pizza on Southern Blvd. both are very good and reasonably priced. Sorry to hear about Angelo's

jay

Didn't Pastino's Pizza also close on South Avenue about two years ago?  Jolly Joe's Pizza on Sheridan closed about three years ago.  The Point Pizza on Loveland has been closed for about five years now.  I believe all that is left on the far south side is the chain store Pizza Hut on Youngstown-Poland Road.

Maybe the people on the south side just don't like pizza.  :)

john r. swierz

Over the past couple of weeks I have stopped at the store several times and left my card with the
    clerk and asked her to have the owner  contact me. It was my hope that we could find a vacant
    store somewhere on E. Midlothian Blvd . where Angelo's could re open. As of today he has not
    contacted me.

jay

A story about the closing of Angelo's Pizza was on the TV news this evening.  The owner claimed he was moving because there was too much crime to the neighborhood.  Also, the story indicated that the pizza business may relocate in the suburbs.  Angelo's employed 8 people.

john r. swierz

Angelo's Pizza is set to close on March 21st.  Their landlord was going to raise the rent and it was too high, so they decided to close that branch.  They also have a store in Campbell.

jay

Buy an Angelo's Pizza today!

jay

I've had several people tell me that Angelo's Pizza on South Avenue is about to close.  Has anyone also heard this rumor?