News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Residents Protest Elimination Of The Buckeye Bus Route

Started by jay, May 15, 2008, 09:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

I am very upset at the latest cuts made by the WRTA - namely elimination of the 33 Buckeye Route AND including running the present bus out Youngstown-Poland Road to Matthews Road.  I am gathering data to present a case for at least SOME service back into Lansingville and Buckeye Circle area.  One thing I found out is that out of the 13 Precincts in the Seventh Ward only TWO (L and M) voted NO on the WRTA Tax Levy (which failed).  It just happens that the present bus service is closest to those two precincts.  This matter was brought up at the last General Meeting of the Seventh Ward Citizens Coalition and the matter will be addressed and concern expressed to the WRTA.
YOUR input is encouraged ! ! !
THANKS
S'BOHUM - ken

jay

South Side residents are organizing against the WRTA's elimination of the 33 Buckeye bus route.  This bus had previously serviced the area east of South Avenue and included Lansingville and Brownlee Woods.  One bus rider now has to travel about one mile to board the only remaining bus, the 35 South.