News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

3 Dozen High-Powered Rifles & Handguns Now On The Street

Started by jay, September 27, 2012, 08:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

is this janet tarpley's ward? if so, she wants to run for mayor. GOD HELP US ALL.

Why?Town

I've thought about this occasionally the past few days and decided that my earlier post didn't go far enough.

What I should have said-

Those guns were in the wrong hands BEFORE they were stolen.

irishbobcat

I've seen better security at the salad bar at St.E's Hospital....

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on September 28, 2012, 01:23:39 PM
Did the Youngtown Police Department know about this gun shop?
who ward is this store is in the city.

Towntalk

Some more questions:

1. Did the shop have a federal firearms license? These licenses are mandatory for every legal gun store.

2. Did the shop have a city license to do business?

jay

Did the Youngtown Police Department know about this gun shop?

jay

You would think that this mysterious gun store would have been a topic of discussion at today's City Council Safety Committee meeting.

Not a word was mentioned.
  :-X

Why?Town

What kind of legitimate business has absolutely no advertising, no sign, no internet presence, no phone book entry, no referrals from similar local businesses or members of local clubs that use their products and don't bother to attend local events that cater to their business?

For the past 6 months I've been looking for information on an old Spanish pistol that (as the story goes) grandma's brother brought back from the war. I have checked all the above resources several times and not one single hint of this place selling guns.

I don't think those guns are going to end up anywhere they weren't going to end up anyway (in the wrong hands).

iwasthere

does the st of ohio have regulations for proper storage on businesses that buy and sell guns to the public and private identies?

Towntalk

Story

http://www.wkbn.com/content/news/local/story/UPDATE-ATF-Offers-Reward-for-Help-with-Arsenal/LtYqxNsgdkiW0jmZ243GMg.cspx

It doesn't look like the owner took precautions to properly secure the guns but just relied on a security camera.

THe owner knew the nature of crime on the south side and should have had them locked away in a secure locked place. No mention is made of an alarm system of any sort. There should have been a movement alarm that could have been triggered that covered the whole store.

jay

It looks as though 3 dozen high-powered rifles and handguns that were stolen from a Market Street business may soon hit the streets of Youngstown.

To what extent does a gun dealer have to secure his inventory and provide a functioning alarm system?