News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Slovak Fest In Lansingville - Sunday, August 12

Started by jay, August 09, 2012, 06:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

i would like know how fr pete polando can take the last haluski out of the hands of an older parishner for himself. where were the haluski arm guards. i was told the natives were getting restless when the haluki supplies ran out several times then the polando haluski scandle brings it to another level. is polando and the polish heiress that irked many a german that caused the poland invasion that started ww2 are related?

iwasthere

Quote from: irishbobcat on August 12, 2012, 09:03:55 PM
Who was the guy at the end of the night selling six holubky for a dollar?.......
i was too busy selling haluski to see who was undercutting the competion.

irishbobcat

Who was the guy at the end of the night selling six holubky for a dollar?.......

iwasthere

i still went away from the slovak fest without the answer from my question,"who was the Polish hieress that irked many germans that caused the invasion of Poland that started WW2"? i had grt time spending time with fam and frds from other churches and nieghborhoods.

jay

I think the Forum members bought all of the halusky before I arrived at the festival.

:'(

iwasthere

Quote from: irishbobcat on August 10, 2012, 09:00:14 AM
Always a nice little event...and if you work the Halusky Hut you can be made an "honorary Slovak" even if you are Italian....
will i be able to have that honor too if i work the hut even though i am italian and irish.

irishbobcat

Always a nice little event...and if you work the Halusky Hut you can be made an "honorary Slovak" even if you are Italian....

iwasthere

if i attend the slovak fest will they know who was the Polish hieress that irked so  many germans that caused germany to invade Poland?

jay

Mahoning Valley Slovak Fest

Sunday, August 12
Noon to 9:00 p.m.

St. Matthias Church
(Parking Lot and School Building)
2800 Shady Run Road
Lansingville Area
Youngstown, Ohio

- Food Available All Day -
Chicken, Holubky, Lamb, Pirohy
Hot Dogs, Halusky, Klobasy & Sauerkraut

- Entertainment -
Eddie Vallus 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Del Sinchak 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Living Traditions Folk Dancers 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.