News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

17 Cent Price Jump

Started by jay, January 18, 2011, 09:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Youngstown definitely needs to jump on the natural gas asap.

jay

The price at that same station dropped to $3.04 by Thursday, January 20.

Youngstownshrimp

Right, there truly are a lot of good ideas and my saxophone player gets all the cooking oil from the clubs and restaurants here which he fuels his diesels.  However, the only proven bridge we have now and here is CNG and we have tons of it.  But of course we will continue to have the problem ones in our society which in Ytown has gotten out of hand, the entitled ones and entitled entities.  I'm saddened to find that the YBI is heavily subsidies, I thought they were the real thing, now Kasick is going to cut them off.  The new governor is going to push drilling and this will help us tremendously.

Why?Town

The problem with any food based fuel supply is that demand for fuel will increase food prices. There are other (non-food) plants that can be used to make fuel and are more efficient art doing so. Unfortunately the food farmers already have lobbyist in DC.

AllanY2525

Take soy or other vegetable oil, and combine it with used oil from
fryers and other sources and it might lower the ppg to produce
the biodiesel.     Are there other crops that have a higher oil
yield?  (I don't know just asking...)  Any organic fat can be chemically
altered to become biodiesel - including animal fat, if it is in liquid form.

Youngstownshrimp

Hope may not be enough, what are the numbers for the soy mix?  The bench mark is CNG from your own garage will cost 50% of the price of gasoline and leave a 50% carbon footprint.  I know you are not like Dennis who just regurgitates the party line.

jay

I hope the WRTA purchases some biodiesel buses soon.  Biodiesel can be "grown" right here in Ohio.

Youngstownshrimp

Yes, let's forget about our God givin' natural gas and keep buying from the middle east even though they kill us.

jay

Gas at this west side gas station rose to $3.15 per gallon today.
That's a 17 cent price increase in one day.