News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Awnings Of Youngstown

Started by jay, March 14, 2009, 06:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the woodland ave church is now owned by musician, who wants to re habit and turn into a fine performing art centre. he is looking for investors. i was there for several fundraisers to rehab that bldg. the fundraisers starts around 10 pm and ends when the roosters start to announce the beginning of the new day/when the cows come home.

Towntalk

Ridge. That church is the former Bethel Church of God In Christ. The congregation relocated to Glenwood Avenue.

jay

The church building has also been vandalized.  Many of the stained glass windows have disappeared.

sfc_oliver

Woodland or Ridge. Just 5 years ago I believe we were putting new gutters on that church.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

john r. swierz

Is that on Woodland Ave?

jay

Some old church buildings also have this problem.

john r. swierz

Jay,
    I know that location, and I will address it,have you emailed this photo to Ray DeCarlo?

jay

Here's one located on South Avenue.

john r. swierz

Jay,
    It would be great if we could get a group of volunteers to  inspect  and take pictures and record addresses where this occurs and turn that info over to Ray DeCarlo, the city's Zoning Inspector.  I know this situation occurs on all sides of our city.

jay

Did you ever notice how many of these decorative awnings have fallen in disrepair?  This one is located on lower Mahoning Avenue near the WRTA administrative offices.