News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Which grocery stores have the best deals?

Started by AllanY2525, September 10, 2016, 02:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Don't forget to shop at the North Side Farmers' Market.

Saturdays,  9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Baldwin Street just east of Elm Street
Youngstown, Ohio

Produce grown in the Youngstown area and baked goods

Rushblvd

northside lurker

I do a lot of my food shopping at the Lake to River Online Market.  I can't guarantee they'll have the best prices, but I'm sure they have some of the best quality, and from local producers, too.  https://laketoriver.localfoodmarketplace.com/

Order online between Thursday and Monday, and pick-up at their north side location (818 Elm St. same location as the winter farmers' market) between 4-6pm on Thursday.  There are other pick-up locations (and times, I think) available, too.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rushblvd

Well the SS only has Save-a-lot, and unfortunately they don't offer a whole heck of a lot...I usually do Aldi's in Boardman because of the prices..I used to be a GE fan, but after shopping at Aldi's no comparison...But I do like my local Farm markets--

jay

If you subscribe to the local newspaper, you will receive ad inserts for all the area grocery stores.  Specials vary from store to store and from week to week.

Try to support stores located in Youngstown as much as possible.

AllanY2525

What are the grocery stores with the best prices and deals in the area?

I checked out Walmart, but one thing I noticed is that they do not have
whole head lettuce - they only sell the bagged stuff.  Save a lot doesn't
sell much in the way of non-food items.