News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Complaint

Started by Towntalk, July 14, 2015, 10:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

No Sarge it wasn't, and I'm very happy that you signed up to one of the facebook links that I posted.  :) :)

sfc_oliver

I've had that too....

I sure hope it wasn't from me..........
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

Unfortunately, this is a sign of the Internet times we live in now.
Hijacked sites, where hackers redirect traffic intended for one site
to a malicious one of their own and scams abound.

Best thing you can do is have a good antivirus program that also has
a web browser plugin to protect against malicious sites.  Facebook
has its share of "black hats" and scammers just like all the other
social media sites.

Best thing to do is report the poster when you come across this stuff.
Facebook is pretty good about taking down malicious stuff when it gets
reported to them.

Peggy Gurney

UGH I really dislike finding myself clicked through to those kinds of sites.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I'm just a little bit angry. Tonight while on facebook I saw what I thought was an interesting article and because it was posted by someone we all know, I clicked on it only to be redirected to a rip off site that would not allow me to leave it unless I shut down my computer and restarted. These sites are VERY DANGEROUS PERSONAL SECURITY RISKS. Now to be fair all I can point to is my own experience, but because of my own experience, I will no longer trust any of that indivitual's links either on facebook or here. The site in question claimed that I have a virus and that I was suppose to call a 1-800 number to get back control of my computer. I had NO virus, a full system scan cured what few problems that were there, none of them serious.
Another thing that angered me is the fact that the posted article was NOT from any legitamate news source but from groups of questionable reputations. There is absolutely no way for a person to know what the real truth is, or whether it was made up out of whole cloth.