News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Where Are The New Ward Maps?

Started by jay, December 02, 2014, 05:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: jay on December 08, 2014, 06:01:13 PM
As of today, the city's website still does not display the new ward maps.

:P

Rick Deak said he has not been given the new maps to put on the website.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

What is this obsession with ward maps? My goodness, there has been no massive outcry from the public for this map, and even the local media still doesn't have copies of the map yet.

jay

As of today, the city's website still does not display the new ward maps.

:P

AllanY2525

I was only speaking to the fact that the city could do a better job of keeping its website
(In general) more up to date.  Did not intend to bash anyone (ie: "Rick").....

example: Youngstown 2010 info on the site should be updated, or taken down.  Makes
the city look bad when there is old, stale info on the site.  Typing :  youngstown2010.com
into your web browser will redirect you to the city's website, to the Y-Town 2010 pages.

The domain www.youngstown2010.com should be taken down - the web address itself
gives one the impression they are visiting an old, outdated site.  Maybe if they redirected
that URL to the Y.N.D.C. site -and the info on what they are doing since taking over the
city planning stuff.....

Towntalk

I know that there are people here that seem to think that everything they want should be right there at the blink of their right eye, but obviously City Council is not prepared to release the new ward map yet, because I've put the word out to all my sources and they have yet to see the final map and I assure you that they would be the first to come into possession of the map.
IF anyone is so bent on obtaining a copy of what may be the final map, rather than run around town seeing who has or hasn't decorated their house for Christmas, the 7th Ward Councilman said to go down to the Board of Elections which created the map we see on the news, and ask them for a copy, rather than complain here, or expect someone else to do the work, because, few people give a dime about the map because come the 2015 primary time we will all be informed about what ward and precinct we're in.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on December 02, 2014, 11:43:47 PM

Even a college intern could keep up a website - it's not that hard.....

:(

Did you read my post above?  Rick has not been given the maps to put on the website.
Rick is VERY good at keeping up the city's website, but you can't post what you don't have.  ;)

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Even a college intern could keep up a website - it's not that hard.....

:(

Peggy Gurney

The city's webmaster has not been given the maps to place on the site.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I feel your pain my friend, really and truely I do. The blame rests with whoever is suppose to be running the city's web site ... the full blame. Whoever it is the truth of the matter is that they are as worthless as worthless as can be.
IF THE CITY'S WEB MASTER CAN NOT OR WILL NOT KEEP THE CITY WEB SITE CURRENT, THEN HE OR SHE NEEDS TO BE FIRED AND SOMEONE HIRED THAT WILL DO THE JOB RIGHT.

jay

Why can't the city place these new ward maps on their own website?

Disappointing! 

Who's in charge down there anyway?

Towntalk

I contacted a friend of mine at one of the local TV stations about putting the map up on their web site so hopefully we will be able to see it. I also contacted a friend at one of the local radio stations about putting one up on their web site. Hopefully one of them will come through for us.

jay

Go to this link on the City of Youngstown's website.
www.cityofyoungstownoh.org/city_hall/departments/council/wards.pdf

The map does not show any of the changes that were to have been made to equalize the population count in all seven wards.

Where are the new ward maps?