News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

This Year's Holiday Parade

Started by jay, November 28, 2014, 08:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

She made a mistake then.  The parade is to begin at 5:30. I asked 5 different people.

Jay, there are way more than just 2 groups who have pulled out due to the change of date.

~ Normal is overrated ~

PD

There was a commercial on TV a few nights ago with Madonna Pinkard and it posted in bold tex
Festivies begin at 4:30
Parade starts at 6:00
She even read it

cc4

I saw the new downtown director on the Madonna show this morning.  He said the parade 

would start at 5:30.  It does make a difference to those who are coming down early to be in

the parade, pd.  Let's get some clarification or better yet, stick to the original time since anyone

who sees a poster or heard the show will not be upset by the half hour wait in the cold weather.

jay

QuoteLooks like they moved the parade back to 6pm start

How come the city doesn't know about the change of start time for the parade?

This still appeared on the city's website as of five minutes ago.
•Festivities get underway at 4:30 PM inside 20 Federal Place (former Phar-Mor building)
•Parade begins at 5:30 PM
•Tree Lighting commences after the conclusion of the parade
•Free admission to OH WOW! from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM

PD

Looks like they moved the parade back to 6pm start but won't make a difference
Also going on that night is the opening for the craft show at the same time

jay

Many people question why this year's holiday parade will take place on a late Friday afternoon

I know of at least two groups that will not participate this year because many of their members can't arrive on time after working all day.