News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Steel Museum

Started by Towntalk, November 24, 2012, 11:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

rr i am in for this day long tour.

Rick Rowlands

We can do better than that.  I occasionally conduct tours of historic industrial sites of the Mahoning Valley, from Warren all the way to Lowellville stopping at significant locations along the way.  With maps and other visual aids I explain what was where, how and why certain rail lines and industries located in the valley, and what still remains of Youngstown's industrial Golden Age.  last time I did it, the trip took most of the day, including stopping for lunch.

iwasthere

maybe the bloggers from this blog can take a trip in the Springtime to see both rr museums.

kenneyjoe330

I go past "The Railroad Place" on Poland Avenue a few times a week.  The place always looks clean and neat ! ! !  I really don't like fences like that at all but we all know it really has to be put up.  I would have loved to go into the caboose myself - just to look and see - but that would not be nice without permission and if I saw someone there that looked "unauthorized" I would call the police myself.  The time will come when I will have a chance to go through and onto the pieces there.

iwasthere

Rick Rowlands

You have to come by when we are open.  Starting in April, Wednesday-Saturday 10 am to 4 pm.  Closed during the winter.

Towntalk

There are people in this berg that would steal a blind man's cain if they thought they could make a buck off it. And there are hock shops that would take in tools just on the word of the person that brought them.

yfdgricker

He can't make it more accessible, people steal stuff if he does that! :)

iwasthere

rr i passed your tod engine that is enclosed in a pole barn and has a fence around the bldg. if, you want people to know about this pt of history make it more accessable.

irishbobcat

Sort of sounds like your place on state route 62, Ricky.....

Rick Rowlands

That is the Mahoning Valley Railroad Heritage Association.  IF they ever build anything it will be more of a railroad museum than a steel museum.  Who knows if they will ever do anything with their collection.  The only activity over there in the past year was the erection of a fence around the place.

Towntalk

What's the deal on this new steel museum to be located on Poland Avenue?