News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown City Schools Shut Down

Started by jay, November 02, 2011, 05:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

The City Schools are a complete mess. Unfortunately many of the charter schools around here are just as bad, IF NOT WORSE! Thank God for the Catholic Schools throughout the Mahoning Valley. Excellent with Distinction for decades!

jay

During the forum, the question was asked by a resident of the Seventh Ward.

Rushblvd

I am going with this as being true---And these unions better get moving on this and not wait for something to happen. Therefore am guessing the city residents are not aware of this or just do not care. I for one had just heard about it a few weeks ago and could not believe it. It seems we always wait until the hammer falls then react--I would hope the teacher's union-ACLU and anyone else REACT NOW to this instead of reacting when it is happens

Towntalk

If this is true, you can bet that the State Board will find themselves facing court action on the part of the city, the teachers union, the ACLU, and a whole lot of others.

Our governor such as he is is a strong supporter of charter schools and he's packed the State Board of Education with his fellow travlers who are going to us us as a test case, and its up to us to stop him in his tracks.

Rushblvd

I heard this also--So what is the storey? Why has this not been reported-and if it has why is there no reaction...

northside lurker

Is that possible?  I thought the state had to provide access to a public school for all children?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

On Tuesday evening, a questioned was posed to the candidates running for the Youngstown Board of Education.  The question asked if the candidates heard the rumor that the state was trying to shut down the Youngstown City School System.  Almost every candidate stated that the rumor was a fact.  The State of Ohio is attempting to shut down the school system and probably replace it with charter schools.