News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Good News About Being Green

Started by irishbobcat, December 27, 2010, 03:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

You don't know diddly, Dan....your thoughts and vision are warped....

Dan Moadus

I don't know the difference? Apparently, you don't even know that there is a difference.

irishbobcat

Don't need a science lesson from you, Danny-Boy.....

Obviously, YOU don't know the difference.....

Dan Moadus

Please excuse Dennis, he thinks Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide are the same things.

Towntalk

Dennis, I agree that carbon monoxide is very nasty, but in another thread you posted are these quotes regarding carbon dioxide:

"Gene Takle, an ISU professor of geological and atmospheric science, said it appears turbines may help crops grow healthier and faster by moderating ground level temperatures, blowing away fungi-producing moisture and churning the air to expose plants to more growth-promoting carbon dioxide."

"Finally, the extra turbulence could lift carbon dioxide from the soil and make it easier for crops to absorb more of it, enhancing the plants' ability to perform photosynthesis and grow."

If CO2 is naturally in the ground, and given the size of our planet, would that not make the planet the biggest source of CO2 polution, and what would happen if we were able to contain all the co2 on Earth? Wouldn't we not kill off all the earth's vegatation? And what would happen to us if all the vegatation was killed off due to the lack of CO2?

irishbobcat

Dan, You are so BLIND......

If you believe carbons are a good thing.....

wrap your lips around a car muffler and I'll turn the key......

Dan Moadus

The problem is that there is no evidence that one way or another that carbon emissions are a bad thing. It is simply incredible that the simple process of repeating this claim over and over is enough to get many people to believe it. Someday people will look back at this period and laugh at how silly many people were. Especially the charge that the very air we expel is a toxin. It is hard for me to believe that industries actually spend effort and money to capture carbon dioxide, somehow contain it, and bury it underground as if it were radioactive.  How did we allow our country to become like this?

jay

Every now and then, a news story states how many megawatts of power are needed nationally to run a certain type of appliance or power consuming device.   Does anyone know of a good source for this list?

irishbobcat

Between 2007 and 2009, carbon emissions in the U.S. dropped 9 percent-
thanks to increased efficiency and the replacement of some coal power
with natural gas, wind, solar, and geothermal energy.

Being Green is good for the environment and the country.....

Keep it Green in 2011~  Don't let the neo-cons win!