News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A gift for America

Started by Dan Moadus, December 16, 2010, 01:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Is the planet really being poisoned?  By what metric are you basing that assertion?  Only the wealthy countries have the ability to clean up their messes, and the health of our economy has a direct reflection on the health of our environment. This country is cleaner now than it was thirty years ago, as polluted sites are remediated and new environmentally friendly ways are found to do what we need to do.   

Fracking poses such a small risk to groundwater that it is inconsequential.  The groundwater is located from 20 to 100 feet below the surface, while the fracking is taking place 5,000 to 8,000 feet deep.  The wells are cased so that none of the fracking water can seep out into the water table.  Precautions are being taken, but facts and reality will not stand in the way of the irrational opposition by militant environmentalists.

northside lurker

I know I will sound like a tree-hugger, but I have to ask: Why is it so important that our children aren't in debt, but it's OK to poison the planet they will live on?

"Well thanks Dad!  I can't drink the water, much of our natural beauty has been ruined, and all my kids will have asthma, but at least the national debt is small!"
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

irishbobcat

Just say no to Fracking!!!! 

Anything Dan Moadus, Mr. Neo-Con Republican, supports is bad for America, Ohio, and the Environment......

You can take that to the bank!

Dan Moadus

Let's be on guard against Dennis, and people like him who will throw up roadblock after roadblock to keep us from accessing the natural gas that lies beneath the earth in our region. Here's an article that takes a realistic view of the issue.  http://tiny.cc/yddq1