News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who Said This?

Started by Rick Rowlands, November 16, 2010, 08:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

OK here is a little something to make you think.  Who said this?  This was from a couple of days ago.

"Our culture of personal responsibility, our culture of rugged individualism, our entrepreneurial spirit, pursuit of excellence, that culture has been poisoned.  We now have people looking to government, not for help, but for their existence.  We now have government determining people's outcomes by limitation.  Anybody depending on government is going to be limited.  Would you rather be limited by yourself or by the government?  I have a philosophy that I evolved as a result of growing up.  As I used to listen to people complaining about how life passed 'em by or they had an opportunity to do that or this, but it just never happened because of X, and the X was always they didn't want to do something.  Such as leave their hometown.  Which is all fine and dandy, but that's a limitation that you put on yourself. 

Most of the limitations that Americans face, up until Obama, are the limitations they placed on themselves.  But now, in addition to those self-imposed limitations, we got government limitations on everybody, and to the extent that you become dependent, you are totally limited because there is no panacea.  There is no dream at the end of a life provided for by government.  The power in your life is in you, but when you become a ward of the state, the power in your life is the government.  And to the government, you are not a human being.  You're a number.  You're a Social Security number or a statistic or an entry on a loss and balance sheet.  You're not part of a population of accomplishment and perseverance anymore when you are dependent on government.  So one of the poisons that's flowing throughout our culture has caused people to be focused on seeking benefits and entitlements from somebody else other than themselves, and the poison is that their humanity is being destroyed under the guise of compassion.  And nobody that can do better for you than you can do for yourself, because I don't care where you go and who you are, there's nobody that's going to care as much about you as you do. 

Nancy Pelosi doesn't care about you one-tenth of 1% as much as you do, no matter what she says.  Barack Obama cares less than Pelosi cares about you.  Ditto, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, any Democrat who you believe cares about you.  Nobody cares about you more than you care about yourself.  Sadly, you care about yourself sometimes is called selfishness, which it's not.  It's self-interest.  Big difference in the two.  Why would you willingly give away the person most interested in you to a bunch of people that you don't know, you will never meet, and in truth look at you as an incompetent and hold you in contempt?  I.e., the Democrat Party, the Social Security Administration, the employment compensation office, the Veterans Affairs, I don't care who they are, you're looked at as a problem.  Oh, no, here you come again.  "