News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Election 2010

Started by Towntalk, November 02, 2010, 09:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

waiting for all the state's assests to go up for sale on E-Bay after Kasich is sworn in.....

Dan Moadus

We paid for those highways through our road and gasoline taxes, the government didn't give them to us. We have just decided through our vote for Kascich that we don't want to pay for passenger rail, that most of us won't use.

northside lurker

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on November 04, 2010, 01:57:03 PM
In regards to the rail system, if free enterprise determines that it is not a good risk on return, the money should go back to the taxpayers government.

I can agree with that, when we privatize the interstate highway system as well.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

In regards to the rail system, if free enterprise determines that it is not a good risk on return, the money should go back to the taxpayers government.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on November 03, 2010, 10:24:51 AM
For the next two years we here in the 17th Congressional District can expect to see the amount of pork we receive cut in half (if not more), and I predict that we will see our congressional district changed when it comes time for the redistricting process to occur.

As for state money coming in, look for that to be cut in half if not more ... "to the victor come the spoils ... and the valley was not in the victor column yesterday.

Considering Kasich's platform, I don't see why the MV will be any different from any other part of the state in this.  After all, he wants to give $400 million back to the federal gov't, killing the 3C passenger rail project.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

stewie

Quote from: Towntalk on November 03, 2010, 10:24:51 AM
For the next two years we here in the 17th Congressional District can expect to see the amount of pork we receive cut in half (if not more), and I predict that we will see our congressional district changed when it comes time for the redistricting process to occur.

As for state money coming in, look for that to be cut in half if not more ... "to the victor come the spoils ... and the valley was not in the victor column yesterday.

To a certain extent we can thank Dave Betras and Bruce Zoldan for that.  Glad to see that they made such an issue of Humphries backing Kasich. Im sure the Valley is on the Gov's radar now. Nice. Good Job Boys!

irishbobcat

Election 2010 will mean we will give limited government a try......if it succeeds great....

if not, liberals and progressives will be back in vogue by 2012......

Towntalk

The President today at his press conference.

Towntalk

Towntalk

Unofficial from Secretary of State as of 12:30 AM

Dennis Spisak  -  54,767

Youngstownshrimp

Towntalk

How did Dennis do state-wide?

Rick Rowlands

I'm not looking for any legislative victories from the new congress.  What I am looking for is extreme gridlock.  NO legislation from Congress is the best thing that can happen at this time.

Towntalk

Tea Party candidates are winning, and the main street pundits are flabbergasted over it.

Throughout the campaign they were putting the Tea Party down and resorted to name calling and outright slanders, but now they have to eat crow and its sticking in their throats.

Towntalk

Republicans gain control of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Kasich winning in Ohio.