News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Improving Ohio's Tax Policies To Aid Public Education

Started by irishbobcat, November 01, 2010, 11:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Can you imagine that someone is calling for Ohioans to pay higher taxes? It's as though Dennis isn't even aware of the looming $8 billion dollar shortfall already staring us in the face. Does it ever end with these so called "progressives"?  Is it a wonder that every country that ever fell to total control of Statists like this ended up enslaving its citizens?

irishbobcat

Improving Ohio's Tax Policies To Aid Public Education

Ohio's tax system must be stable, competitive, and reflective of the current economy. All sectors of the economy should pay a fair share of the cost of public school education and state government.

I support state reinbursement that fully matches dollar for dollar the loss of any local tanigble personal property tax base to school districts.

I believe the state should earmark a percentage of state revenues for the elementary snd secondary schools and provide an increase in state revenues either through the enactment of an increase in the state sales tax and or state personal income tax. The increase should be earmarked for education and be depositedinto a state public primary and secondary trust fund.

I also support legistlation that would eliminate the overreliance on local property taxes.

Dennis S. Spisak-Green Party of Ohio Nominee for Ohio Governor

www.votespisak.org/governor/

www.dennisspisak.com

for more info, contact 330-503-1407