News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

How to Strengthen Ohio's Economy

Started by irishbobcat, September 12, 2010, 09:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Oh to return to the days when Americans were FREE to decide which industry they wanted to invest in...

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis,

What you say maybe the way however, trying to court existing businesses to come here and manufacture is a tall hill to climb.  As I explained and told you before, we need to start the process ourselves.  Like when our forebears here begun steel making, no subsidies that we know of, just good old American entrepreneurship. 

BTW, I purchased two hydraulic ram pumps and I will be installing next spring, this will make my aquaculture project totally green.

irishbobcat

Towntalk.....yes......

But we need to make Ohio the Green Technology manufacturing giant of America. Ohio has the potential to be the number 2 state in the union
in producing wind power equipment, goods, and supplies.

We have the idle manufacturing plants, companies, and workforce available.....

Now let's progressive being to court such manufacturers to relocate to the Buckeye state.....and begin to create jobs
for Ohio's innercities.....

Towntalk

Dennis, I'm not well versed in green energy, but are there not right here in the Mahoning Valley companies that are already doing exactly what you want to see happen?

irishbobcat

People today say "America should build stuff."  This is true. What can we build today that we are not building? Green Energy Technology!

Let's build wind turbine parts, use steel and concrete to build turbine towers and such.....

There are 16 parts needed to be manufactured in a Wind Turbine engine alone.....

There are 19 parts needed to be manufactured in a Solar Panel alone.....

Let's build these parts in America and Ohio.....not get them shipped from overseas from China!

Let's set up new housing codes for homes say over $250,000 and more to be refitted with either solar or wind power energy generating
equipment or batteries........new housing starts could also have built-in electric car battery ports for vehicles in the future....

Let's start thinking outside the box today, not tomorrow...when every foreign country eventually corners the market on green energy technology.....

Why?Town

This is a goal that everybody should be able to support. :) :D ;D :laugh:

The main problem is agreeing on how to reach that goal. >:( :( :P :'(

irishbobcat

How to Strengthen Ohio's Economy
How can we strengthen Ohio's economy? We need a buildup. We need to get back to making stuff, based on real engineering not just financial engineering. We need to launch an E.T.,energy technology, revolution with the same urgency as this bailout. Otherwise, all we will have done is bought ourselves a respite, but not a future. The exciting thing about the energy technology revolution is that it spans the whole economy — from green-collar construction jobs to high-tech solar panel designing jobs. Our No. 1

resource is our people. Let's put people back to work-

retrofitting and repowering Ohio!

Dennis Spisak-Green Party candidate for Governor of Ohio

Http://www.votespisak.org/governor/

for more info: contact 330-503-1407