News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mayor's First Council Meeting

Started by jay, January 04, 2006, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I just saw Channel 27's news.  Their reporter covered the story and also interviewed Councilman Hudson.  Councilman Hudson claimed his meager committee assignments were in retaliation for his support of Jay Williams for Mayor of Youngstown.

jay

I'm sure the newspaper reporter will write a story about the council rift.   Initially, there was a vote to form a committee to reorganize council.  The vote was 4 to 3.  This committee then met in the caucus room and made appointments to the various other council committees.  The reorganization committee appointed its members to the important council committees such as finance.  The other faction was given very few committee assignments, and most of those were on what can be termed "minor" committees.  At one point, disgusted Councilman Hudson tried to resign from the few committees for which he was selected.

I watched one TV station's coverage last night and was surprised when they did not mention this controversy.    Maybe the TV reporter did not understand the significance of what had happened.

ytowner

If I could speculate I'd say Bob Bush not being in the cabinet. Other than the after hearing and talking with the councilmen today I am surprised for you to say this. They said although some old in it they have great signs of new people in it.

Interesting but let's hope its not an issue with the one's who supported Hagan-aka Fortune and a few others.
Even the West Side ward-which Hagan won-even she was happy for Jay.

Please inform us more as most of us did not go to the meeting.

jay

Jay Williams attended his first council meeting as Mayor of Youngstown tonight.   

There appears to be some type of feud going on between the factions of council over committee appointments.  If anyone knows the inside story, please tell us.