News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

How To Run For City Council In Youngstown

Started by jay, May 28, 2010, 03:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Move back and register to vote at your new Youngstown address.

;)
If the residency rules were overturned by the Ohio Supreme Court, why wouldn't a candidate be able to live anywhere she/he wants to live?
;)

Jaime Hughes

I contacted City Council RE; information on running. I do not qualify unfortunately :(. This is what they told me; "You must live in the ward which you represent and be at least 21 years of age and Councilpersons can serve two consecutive 4 year terms." I  live in North Lima after moving from the Northside last year. I wish that I could run! I feel so many great things could happen!

irishbobcat

If they are a progressive liberal, I would suggest running on the Green Party ticket. You avoid a bloody Democratic
primary battle and are guarenteed a November election...thus giving you more time to run your campaign and get out
to meet and greet the voters.

Youngstownshrimp

When a City has around 57% of it's inhabitants existing on entitlements you have a very limited pool of leaders.  Not to mention a culture of unproductive citizens, the report card is what we are today.  Sadly, the few born leaders left in Ytown, know that if they raise there head above the crowd, they are the first to get shot.  In any event, I think this small pool of forum members have a few leaders and I am glad one wishes to take some shots, so let's move forward.  Question, what platform would you run on?

jay

Jaime,

In which ward are you running?  Maybe I know some people in your ward who would be willing to help.

I believe the next city council primary race in Youngstown is in the spring of 2011.

Rick Rowlands

Would you please run in the first ward!  We need to kick out the Gillam dynasty that has seen the first ward (outside of downtown) wither and die while other wards (esp. no.7), start to turn themselves around. 

Jaime Hughes

I commend you for that John, and yes I feel that you fit that criteria very well. It's refreshing even to know that you are apart of this board and listening to what other people in the community have to say. I'd like to thank you on behalf of all of us! :)

john r. swierz

I feel that I fit that description. I am a full time member that sometimes do my job well over 40 hrs a week

Jaime Hughes

Youngstown needs more people that are willing to get involved. Having someone whom shed their blood, sweat, tears etc on City Council, whom feels the same way as many other Youngstown natives, I feel it would be refreshing and inspiring to have more of that on our City Council.

stewie

Why?Town

Now there's a constructive post. ::)

Maybe Stewie has already completed steps one and two.

stewie

Step one: Get your head examined.
Step two: Get a lobotomy.

jay

One of our Forum members would like to run for Youngstown City Council.
Please list any advice to help her get started.