News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Taxes: Your User Fee In Ohio

Started by irishbobcat, May 26, 2010, 07:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I do not pay state income tax anymore, but for 22 years on active duty I paid Ohio Income tax the entire time. Even though I wasn't in the state except for a few times on leave, maybe 2 months of the 22 years. I think I contributed enough. Though I still pay property tax, sales tax, and all the hidden fees that are actually taxes. (gasoline, fishing license, drivers license, etc...)
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

Your observation also applies to the city of Youngstown.

QuoteOther benefits of supporting Downtown Day

Employed downtown workers pay city income tax.  As we all know, the city is short of revenues this year.

If you dine in, your sales tax will help Mahoning County (and the state).  The county government is also short of revenues this year.

irishbobcat

Taxes: Your User Fee In Ohio

Unlike the Democrats and Republicans, the Green Party of Ohio knows that taxation is paying your dues, paying your membership in Ohio. If you join a country club or rec center, you pay fees. You did not build the swimming pool. You have to maintain it. You did not build the tennis courts. Someone else has to maintain it or it will fall apart.

People who avoid paying taxes, like corporations that move out of the country and state, are not paying their dues. It is patriotic to be a taxpayer. It is traitorus to desert our country and not pay your taxes.

Taxpayer investments have also supported companies and wealthy investors. The wealthy have gotten rich using what taxpayers have paid for. They owe the taxpayers of this country a great deal and should be paying it back: to help Ohio families maintain coummunities, schools, and the environment.

Taxes: the user fee we need to support to keep Ohio a great state in the nation.