News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tax man: Ohio pays less than most

Started by irishbobcat, April 01, 2010, 07:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Now if just 90% of what you pay in Federal taxes could be shipped to the State of Ohio instead, we would be in much better shape.

Elmo-Ytown

Ohio refunds me 100% of what I pay in due to military service. I still have to pay, but I get it all back at tax time, I call it my Ohio savings account.

Oldmill

35 out of 50 ???  Not the lowest either ! The extra $20 vehicle registration penalty really irritates me. Anyone got any other fees or penalty's they want to add ?

irishbobcat

Tax man: Ohio pays less than most
By Jim Siegel

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
Ohioans continue to pay less in state taxes than residents of most other states do, according to the latest figures from the U.S. census.

Census data compiled by the Federation of Tax Administrators shows Ohio in 2009 ranked 35th highest in state-tax collections per capita, and 33rd highest in collections as a percentage of income.

"These new figures bear out what we've been saying: Ohio is not a high-tax state, certainly not where state taxes are concerned," Ohio Tax Commissioner Richard A. Levin said.