News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning County Sales Tax Question

Started by jay, March 30, 2010, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Steve Novotny on March 30, 2010, 09:14:26 PM
I heard that Cafaro Co. is backing Carol Righetti for commissioner. Do you know if this is true?
steve that is the rumour. one can check this info at the board of elections. you can ask for her campaign contribution list. this list is public record. call the boe to see when the campaign contributions lists are due from the candidates. the easiest way is ask righetti or call the cafaro co.

Rick Rowlands

If I lived in Mahoning County I would vote yes for the sales tax.  I generally do not have issues with local taxes, as the most effective government is the local government and I getthe most bang for the buck from local taxes.  What I am opposed to are excessive federal taxes, taxes that fund unconstitutional programs and which do not generally benefit me and my community.

iwasthere

i am voting against this tax due to mcnally, scoitino and anotini and several judges who sued the county to have their way in their cts. the three i mentioned are in the pockets of the cafaro co. their true colors showed when they gave away county info to the cafaro family when the cafaro family was suing the mahoning county over the Renaissance place. it goes to show you our elected officials cannot be trusted to represent the mahoning county residents except for special interest groups.

irishbobcat

Tea Party people are against taxes PERIOD! Tea Party people are former conservative Republicans who believe strongly in less government and less taxes......

They are out of touch with reality.....

jay

While listening to a local radio talk show today, I noticed that some of the people associated with the TEA movement are likely to vote against the Mahoning County sales tax issue on the November ballot.  Does anyone else get this impression from people in the TEA group?