News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Move Ohio Forward: Single-Payer Health Care for the Buckeye State

Started by irishbobcat, March 25, 2010, 07:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Dan, he is not debating us, yet five of the twelve replies to this thread were made by him!  But to think back, he has never debated any of us, he just makes hit and run personal attacks.  So there is really no change here.

irishbobcat

Dan, Like I said, I will no longer debate people who are ignorant regarding health care, like yourself.

Dan Moadus

Well Dennis, at least we see that you can no longer maintain that health care is a right, you can't even find something to "cut and paste". Hey it's a start.  We'll have you up and chanting "Kill the Bill" in no time.

irishbobcat

Again, I don't argue anymore with ignorant people who are conservatives or Libertarians///////

Do, I need to type that again, for you slow folks, Ricky??????????

Rick Rowlands

What is really sad is free loaders who refuse to pay for their own services.  Here is a novel idea Dennis, pay for your own health care and I will pay for my own!  Why is that such a foreign idea to you?

irishbobcat

Rick Rowlands

Wow! Dennis steered clear of your questions faster than an Ohio driver speeds around a pothole! 

Dan, you really miss the point! By its very definition food is a health care item. Without it your health deteriorates rather rapidly.  Food is part of the "preventive medicine" part of universal healthcare.  By extension, since Walmart does not have home delivery, automobiles and gasoline are part of health care as that is needed to obtain your "preventive medicine" food.  THis also covers housing as it is well known that the health of the homeless is not as good as someone with a place to live.  Having housing = better health.  Now you just can't live in that house without clothes or you will catch a chill and eventually pneumonia, so clothes will be included.  Mental health has to be taken into consideration, and without TV to occupy weak minds many would go insane, so cable TV must be included.  Then you need high speed Internet as that is where you can read up on all the latest health fads and apply for additional government health care entitlements.

I could go on, but you get the picture...

Dan Moadus

What you mean is, you don't have an answer. Nice try though.

irishbobcat

I propose not getting into an argument with people who are clueless about healthcare, like yourselves...

Dan Moadus

Dennis, I'm wondering why all the emphasis solely on health care? What about food? Now I know that we provide food for those meet poverty guidelines, which of course is good, but what about all the people who can't afford to buy all the food they want.

I'm sure you see health care as a human right, but don't you also see a right to food as well. After all; you could probably live for years without health care, but you certainly can not live more than a few weeks without food. So what happens to that person who has no money left after paying for his rent, utilities (gas, electric, water, cell phone, cable TV) , and transportation, but doesn't qualify for food stamps.

What do you propose?

sfc_oliver

Notice how the question remains unanswered? Where does the money come from?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Never argue with a Libertarian.....They think they are always right.....far right.

Rick Rowlands

So where does the money come from to pay for this?  40% of Ohio's budget goes to Medicare now.  Should the other 60% be diverted as well?  I hope Struthers schools doesn't need state money to subsidize their operations.... You will be up the creek!

irishbobcat

Move Ohio Forward: Single-Payer Health Care for the Buckeye State

In time to move Ohio into the 21st century with Sigle-Payer Health Care for all Ohioans. The Obama plan does not work and does not do enough!

It's time we establish single-payer healthcare in Ohio. The only 4 NOS you will hear:No Co-payments, No Deductibles, No Premiums, No One Excluded. You go to your personal physician for a visit. You pay nothing. The doctor bills the Ohio Health Care Fund (OHCF) You have prescriptions filled by the pharmacist. You pay nothing. the pharmacist bills OHCF. You need hospitalization. You pay nothing. The hospital is paid by the OHCF.
You sleep better. Your health care is secure. You no longer have to worry about losing your health care coverage if you lose or change your job. Your employer no longer has to worry about the ever-increasing costs of health care. You no longer have to worry about ever-increasing deductibles and co-payments.

This is what Ohio needs for the 21st Century.