News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mean Spirited Actions by Columbus Anti-Health Care Supporters

Started by irishbobcat, March 16, 2010, 09:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Sarge, Sarge, Sarge, you just don't get it.......You must not have a caring bone in your body.

just because the man walked across a driveway he should be subject to ridicule and scorn, and treated worse than an animal?

Are you that unsensitive, or just playing to irk me????

You can't spin your way out of this one sarge. What your anti-health care buddies did was wrong.....
you don't treat humans that way, unless your not human....

Towntalk

Final House action on Health Care Bill will begin at 1:00 PM Sunday afternoon and final vote will take place at 2:00 PM. Be sure to turn to C-SPAN if you want to watch this.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on March 17, 2010, 01:52:33 PM
sarge yes you did earn your pension. who footed the bill for your retirement? the usa taxpayers.

Am I receiving anything that I did not earn? Anything that I did not enter into a contract with the US Government for? NO, I am actually receiving less. Why? Because they changed the rules after the fact. But I and other Military retirees accepted that because one we had no choice and 2 it's what we are made of.

Dennis I did not spin anything. the man crossed the street and sat down where he could taunt the opposition. No one from that side of the street asked him to do so or forced him to do so. I would not doubt that someone from his own side talked him into doing it though. Show me where I put any spin on it. nothing there but fact one side on the west side of the street the other side on the east side of the street and suddenly this gentleman crosses the street. Facts Dennis not spin.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

joe could have used you in his corner when he was confronted by ysu and city hall.

Rick Rowlands

Joe Grenga was robbed, his rights were trampled, and was taken advantage of.  There was and is no NEED for yet another street in a city that cannot care for the streets it already has.   Grenga's property does not even sit on the projected right of way of the new Hazel Street according to a map that I saw. Grenga was not fairly compensated since compensation is incorrectly based upon the fair market value instead of the true cost of acquiring a comparable property and the cost to move the contents to the new place.  It was wrong on so many levels.

Towntalk

From the way that the House will be doing the Health Care bill, the big question is: will it pass Constitutional muster.

CNN Situation Room 3/17/2010
DAVID GERGEN, SENIOR POLITICAL ANALYST: I think he does, Wolf. I don't think anybody can say with certainty whether it would pass constitutional muster or not. There are arguments on both sides. The question becomes is there a credible argument against it? And experts say that there is a credible argument against it which does mean, Wolf that if the bill is passed in this way, someone could file suit and the courts might take it up.

And this whole health care fight would then be tossed over into the courts and conceivably struck down. There is a precedent from a case 12 years ago in which the court ruled that the House and the Senate have to pass the exact same text and they have to vote on the exact same text. And the question is whether these are. So I think there's a cloud here now, not only is the question as you say is it the right thing to do, but if it's going to be tossed into the courts, is American -- are Americans going to stand for that? Do the Democrats really want to do that?

Towntalk

Followup:

SANCHEZ CNN ANCHOR: Well, they seem to be moving away from the health care bill now. But I think what you may have heard there, and I think I heard it correctly as well, but let me just underscore what we heard from Steny Hoyer a little while ago.

He was asked by reporters whether the weekend was a possibility, whether we might have some news, some vote on the health care bill by Saturday or Sunday. And interestingly enough, he did acknowledge, and this is the news hit here, that Saturday or Sunday is a possibility, that Saturday or Sunday is a possibility for the House to vote on the health care bill.

When he was asked specifically, as you heard, whether or not he could relieve -- release, pardon me, some of the numbers as to whether they were close or have enough votes, he said no, we won't get into that, because we don't know what they are yet. I think he said we'll release the numbers when we have the number.

Towntalk

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer announces that Health Care vote could be taken either Saturday or Sunday according to CNN.

iwasthere

Quote from: iwasthere on March 17, 2010, 01:51:16 PM
what is your opinion on the Grenga's case with YSU?
sarge yes you did earn your pension. who footed the bill for your retirement? the usa taxpayers.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on March 17, 2010, 06:42:00 AM
Oh by the way, nothing is more mean spirited than taking away a substantial portion of a man's hard earned property under the threat of a gun and imprisonment.
what is your opinion on the Grenga's case with YSU?

irishbobcat

nice try of spinning, sarge...maybe you ought to go work for Fox News.......

But you and your anti-health care folks are mean-spirited.....

You folks are mean, cruel, and disgusting.....you have no value for the poor....

sfc_oliver

I do have to wonder why this gentleman crossed the street and sat down directly in front of the opponents to his position if he wasn't looking for controversy or trying to gain publicity. He started the "mean spirited actions" on purpose. And Dennis you know that is true. Of course you can spin it anyway you like.

I remain against this stupid health care bill that does not accomplish the original objectives and I remain against socialized medicine for the USA. And yes I know that I am on what you could call socialized medicine, but I earned it, paid into it my entire adult life, and still pay.

As far as the Democrats in Washington, we'll see how they like this bill come November.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Accepted.

Once the Senate bill is passed and signed by the president, the states will have no options. The plan will apply to all whether we want it or not.

My only point is that Congress has closed their ears to what we want. The whole mess stinks.

irishbobcat

Towntalk

Who said that I was against any health care plan. The fact of the matter is that I have NO objections to a Single Payer plan.

As to the behavior of others, I have nothing but contempt for such people whether liberal, conservative of otherwise.