News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

2010 Census- Question No. 9

Started by Rick Rowlands, March 14, 2010, 11:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I like how we are outing all the Waco's here, next step is psychological help.

Why?Town

I must be.

Would you like to help me understand what purpose the race question serves, not only on the census but any other form (job applications, loans, etc.)

irishbobcat

Why? Town......are you really that stupid?

Why?Town

So Mr. Spisak supports discrimination.

There is really no other reason for the race question.

irishbobcat

News and views......typical conservative response......the government is the boggy-man......

And it's Mr. Spisak to you, young one////////

ytowner

It's true Spisak. Do Canadians call their blacks African-Canadians? NO. They call them CANADIANS.

We are ALL Americans. Pretty sad that 234 (hopefully my math is right) years after this nation was founded we still can't figure that one out.

irishbobcat

Rick, Typical Libertarian " afraid of the government" response.....

when are you going to grow up???????

Rick Rowlands

When you get your 2010 Census form, you can take a stand against racial discrimination by checking the "Some other Race" box and writing in "American".  A truly colorblind society cannot be had as long as the government continues to pigeonhole the population.  If you can check African American and Native American as acceptable races, then why cannot I check off American?

The collection of race data has long since outlived its usefulness.  Its time the govt. begin treating ALL citizens equally poorly.