News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

2010 Census- Question No. 9

Started by Rick Rowlands, March 14, 2010, 11:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, you can feel and see the mindset here that is an example of the what keeps YTown behind the rest of the country.  If some here can't intellectually debate, they start mudslinging just to divert attention from their limited education.  It is sad that you guys have the Bobster loosing it and really reduced to name calling.  I agree, the moderator should step in and stop the BS and mandate honest debate.  Another thing is the identity question, if you and most here have no problem with putting your names out there, this requirement could be a deterrent to this forum spiraling down to the cess pool of personal attacks.

Rick Rowlands

Actually the race is HUMAN if you want to get technical Steve.  The point of all of this is to make the point that racial differences and racism is being perpetuated by government, when the rest of us have already come to terms with it and are ready to treat everyone equally. Race is a big business, and is quite lucrative for minorities.  If all of a sudden they were treated as equals in the eyes of government their special favors would dry up, and they would have to stop relying upon government largess as a crutch. 

Rick Rowlands

There were twenty replies to my on topic post, seven of which were by Dennis and ALL of which were personal attacks.  None of his replies have added anything of value to the thread, and do provoke others to reply with additional personal attacks.  Just look at what he wrote:

Rick, Typical Libertarian " afraid of the government" response.....
when are you going to grow up?

News and views......typical conservative response......the government is the boggy-man......
And it's Mr. Spisak to you, young one////////

Why? Town......are you really that stupid?

shrimp...why don't you try to make sense once in awhile??????

RICK.....you are a disgrunted selfish Libertarian who cares only about yourself. you are ruining this forum with your Libertarian B.S.

Dennis will most likely respond to this post with yet another personal attack.  It is sad to watch an intelligent man who at one time had at least an outside chance of being elected to office descend into the depths of hatred, intolerance and irrational behavior and has completely destroyed any hopes of ever running for public office again. 

On one hand perhaps the moderator needs to step in to either sanction or ban Dennis to save the Forum, but on the other hand if that were to happen we would be deprived this wonderful daily demonstration of just how out of touch the ultra left wing really is.   Its a conundrum!

AllanY2525

I just got my 2010 Census packet in the mail today... will take it out and look
it over this week.

One thing that kind of makes me laugh though, is the printing on the front that
says you are "required by law" to answer it.  I mean, I've seen that a witness can
be compelled to testify in a court of law as long as they are not the one on trial,
but this strikes me as a little rediculous - the government is basically saying that
they can force you to take a survey!?

Ohh... here's a link to some interesting reference material regarding "race" in the
United States...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_in_the_United_States

From what I have read over the years regarding race in America, just about all of us
are "mixed with something".  My family is like Heinz 57 steak sauce...lol.  Native
American, German, Dutch, English, Irish, Welsh, Arabic - you name it, we got it
somewhere in the family.

irishbobcat

yes, when will you conservatives grow up?

sfc_oliver

My God are we in forth grade again?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

News and views, the same goes for your conservative B.S....leave it on your little stupid web page.....

and shrimp, you have room to talk......

Youngstownshrimp

I think the problem here Allan, is that one is not required to give their real name.

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on March 16, 2010, 05:53:08 AM
RICK.....you are a disgrunted selfish Libertarian who cares only about yourself. you are ruining this forum with your Libertarian B.S.
I think many feel the same way about your Green B.S.

irishbobcat

Oldmill

Score one for Rick ...I have to agree with you. as long as we keep putting black & White labels on people it will never end . Personally I don't think it will ever end,there will always be racism that is just human nature.

AllanY2525

Why is it that as of late, this entire forum is detiorating into off topic ventures into
the arena of personal attacks due to varying beliefs among some of the membership
here?

Can't we just stick to the topics being discussed in these threads and have some
modicum of respect and decency?

There will never come a time when everyone on the forum agrees on everything,
but damn!  This is getting wayyy out of control.  I love this forum, and I really
enjoy the fact that I can keep up on the goings on in Youngstown from my
remote location - but lately the atmosphere has been so acidic that it's really
starting to ruin the enjoyment of the forum.

I used to enjoy the Mahoning Valley group on Yahoo, but that has basically
been destroyed and rendered all but an online ghost town, due to massive
cut and paste spamming... just about everyone has left that forum.

Now it's starting to seem like a freaking three ring circus on here...it's gotten so
bad that some threads only stay on topic for one or two posts, and the
rest is total garbage!

I am not attacking any one member on the boards, just making an observation
on the deterioration of the decorum on here... and the recent lack of common
respect and decency.  In fact, I think we have a great bunch of people on
here - people who are dedicated in their beliefs, people who are trying to
make Youngstown a better place in their own way....

Rodney King's words were not a cliche' - "Can't we all just get along"? (and stay on
topic, maybe??)

I will apologize for going "off topic" myself here, but enough is enough - and someone
needed to open up their mouth and "put it out there".

:(

Rick Rowlands

Dennis is just a disgruntled, unemployed liberal who has nothing better to do with his time.  Look atthe times that he posts.  Up at a quarter to 6 am and still sitting at his computer at noon!  What a sad, sad man.

irishbobcat

shrimp...why don't you try to make sense once in awhile??????

sfc_oliver

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism... a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else. "

Theodore Roosevelt
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>